- Because of my passion for education and educational technology.
- Because of my desire to stay up to date with the latest and greatest in educational technology and, more importantly, the pedagogy behind the use of educational technology.
- Because I want to inspire others to become better educators and improve their teaching skills.
- Because I enjoy keeping myself busy and challenging myself.
- Because I enjoy the professional and personal relationships that I have built with so many people from all over the nation and world as a result of my interactions with educators on social media and IRL (in real life).
On top of providing professional development for my colleagues, attending conferences to better my skills, I am also (semi)regularly recording The BeerEDU Podcast with my friend, Ben Dickson. If you haven't heard it yet, please check us out on your favorite podcast platform. Our show is loosely based on the conversations that you have with your colleagues at the bar after a long week of school. We bill it as "the podcast for educators that love to learn and share ideas with fellow educators over beers" but if you don't like beer, or don't drink at all, that is alright! We only ask that you love education, good company, and podcasts! We do have stickers, and in the next few days, magnets with our podcast logo, so track us down in person or send us a message at email@example.com, Twitter at @BeerEDUpod, or on Facebook at beeredupodcast and we can get you a sticker and magnet!
Until next time...